Dapper Day 2013 on Flickr.
Photobombed by Mickey Mouse himself!
Dapper Day 2013 on Flickr.
Photobombed by Mickey Mouse himself!
Trying to find Nemo!
King Tarper’s Carrousel as of Dapper Day in September 2013.
Jenny Rae as Phyllis Herman at Dapper Day Fall 2013 (DISNEYLAND)
Ok last picture, guys.
I loved seeing dapper families in the park! Some of the sweetest and most well behaved kids I’ve seen at Disneyland.
Carnation Cafe Review
To kick off Dapper Day, I enjoyed a great breakfast meal at Carnation Cafe. I keep finding that these $10-15 a head restaurants at the Disneyland Resort tend to be the best in terms of value and quality, and Carnation Cafe was no exception.
Torn between the Huevos rancheros and Oscar’s Choice: All American Breakfast I ended up siding with Oscar for a hearty breakfast plate with eggs, a biscuit, chicken-apple sausage, fruit, and breakfast potatoes, along with a coffee (with refills!).
As you can see, pretty big plate for $10. Probably took me 20 or so minutes to eat it, and everything was delicious! The biscuit actually stood out to me, which had an interesting seasoning that really livened up what is typically a bland side dish.
The atmosphere at Carnation Cafe is also amazing, playing the music from Main Street USA inside and the option of cool air-conditioned seating inside or the patio-covered area outside. At least breakfast-wise, you can’t go wrong with this restaurant!
Score: 4.5 / 5
Dapper Day / Disneyland / September 6, 2013
Bioshock Infinite cosplay
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH <3
With some of the ladies of Toontown on Dapper Day.
Dapper Movie Date
The summer crowds have been winding down and I’ve noticed lately that the parks have been around 50% capacity (give or take) but due to the popularity of Dapper Day and it being held on a Friday, I would say the parks could possibly hit a 65-75% capacity.
That’s just based on my estimation skills so don’t take my 100% word for it! Haha.
Dappers at the Castle! @jakam80 @jimnutss @podzvezdite (Taken with Instagram)
^ that’s me on the far right, JSYK guys~
THROWBACK THURSDAY — me & my girlfriends at Dapper Day last Fall.
Follow me on Instagram! @CatherineHepburn/@FuckYeahDisneyland
It’s a day for Disneyland Resort guest to dress up “dapper,” or spiffy and vintage like guests from the 50’s & 60’s! It’s an unofficial event not endorsed by the Disney Parks. Dapper Day is held twice a year (spring time & fall time).
Alrighty kids! Listen up! Dapper Day is coming and we’ve got to be ready. I’m packing right now so I thought I’d give you a reference of the things I’ll have on my person in some way. If it’s in a purse or a locker or is on me in some way, it’s in the photo. You can add or subtract whatever you like! This is just my personal preference. You may use this as a checklist before you leave or as a friendly reminder of something that may have slipped your mind. Hope it’s helpful! See you Friday, Dappers!
These are in absolutely no particular order, I kind of started on the right and moved clockwise-
- Lip Balm with an SPF - This is pretty self-explanatory but if you have lips, you have a part of you that’s prone to sun damage. Ladies, if you have a lip color on, there’s not much this can do for you, but Gentleman and bare-lipped Ladies you can and should use this! Keep in a purse or pocket that you can get to easily.
- Advil or some other ibuprofen - I make a point to carry some kind of ibuprofen with me pretty much any time I leave the house. You’d hate to have a headache ruin a few of your precious Disney hours, and last I checked a pack of two pills was more expensive than two pills should be within the parks. Not fun. I also like to have an ibuprofen specifically to combat swollen feet and sunburn.
- Sharpie or pen - You always need a pen.
- Camera - Of course you want to document your memories! Make sure it’s fully charged!
- SUNSCREEN - WEAR SUNSCREEN YOU PRECIOUS SKIN COVERED CREATURES!
- Moleskin - Ever wonder how movie sets can throw actors into brand new shoes (that are often not perfect fits) without blisters running rampant on set? Well there you go, friends. Moleskin is a life saver. You can either put it in the shoes you plan to wear ahead of time, targeting the areas most susceptible to pain, or carry a few cut-to size* strips on you in case of emergencies.
- Blister Treatment Pads - I’ve honestly never used these and they just seem like expensive band-aids, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to try them as a last resort should the moleskin fail me.
- Bandana or hair scarf - I like to carry one of these bad boys around just in case my hair starts getting too difficult to maintain. Just triangle tie it up and it’s out of sight, out of mind!
- Deodorant - It’s going to be crazy hot so I’m not taking any chances when it comes to pit stains. I really like my dress and I’m going to be sweating in it enough as it is.
- Sunglasses - Just bring them. Just in case. For me?
- Pomade or tiny hairspray - For fly-aways and any hair maintenance you may want to do throughout the day.
- Nail File**- When my nails are longer, I break them all the time. The last thing you want is to snag something you’re wearing or worse, someone else with that razor-sharp edge that somehow results every time this happens.
- Shoe Insoles - I’ve been testing another pair of these out for a few days now and I like them! What’s not to like about being more comfortable? Just be aware that they may affect the fit of your shoes.
- Clear Nail Polish - Run in your stockings? NOT ANYMORE, SON!
- Touch-up Lip Color - Because nothing lasts forever.
- Comb - It’s a comb! Yay!
- Touch-up Concealer/anything else - Bring anything you may want to refresh at some point during the day. Your makeup is going to take a beating. Fight back!
- Bobby Pins - Just in case! You may have to re-secure your hair style after a crazier ride. You never know. I’ve been asked if I had spares of these in the bathroom on regular Disney park days, so you can imagine how many people may be missing them on Dapper Day. If they ask nicely, you can give them a couple.
- Hair Tie - There is no shame in deciding this is the way to stop worrying about how your hair looks and start having fun.
*I say cut-to-size meaning “pre-cut”. I don’t recommend bringing scissors into Disney. I don’t think they’re down with that.
**I don’t believe this nail file works with park policy because of the point. I’ll be keeping it in my hotel room.
Extremely Dapper Day-relevant!
I can’t even sleep, there’s too much to plan.